Back to Programs List
Group Swim Lessons
For children ages 6-16 by June 28
June 28-August 2 (no July 5)
Mondays and Wednesdays
Ten 30-minute sessions
Our 6 through 16-year old group swim lessons are individualized to meet each child at his or her own level. After a swim assessment, children are grouped according to their swimming ability and comfort in the water. Instruction is personalized and fun in an effort to create confident, safe, and strong swimmers. Experienced instructors teach skills and strokes.
View our FAQ for registered families.
Weather Related Cancellations (summer session)
- Classes are rarely cancelled. If we decide to cancel a class due to inclement weather, we will post this update on our Swim Instruction hotline at 3:30 PM on the day of the class. If you are concerned about whether or not a class has been cancelled, please check this hotline after 3:30 PM to hear the message.
- Hotline number: 718-836-9800 x 3831
Summer Class Times:
Session A: 3:55 PM – 4:25 PM
Session B: 4:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Session C: 5:05 PM – 5:35 PM
Session D: 5:40 PM – 6:10 PM
Health and Safety Notes: Thank you in advance for following our required guidelines.
- Registrants may be accompanied on the Poly campus by only one grownup per child.
- Grownups must wear a mask at all times; swimmers will remove masks before swimming.
- Locker rooms are not available for summer 2021. Participants must come dressed to swim.
- Limited access to restrooms.
- Grownups may not wait on indoor pool balcony.