Back to Programs List
Counselors in Training (CIT)
Summer Experience Day Camp
Entering Grades 9-10 June 29-August 7 (closed July 3) $2,340 9:00 AM-3:30 PM Lunch and snack included
The Counselor in Training (CIT) program trains teens as they transition from campers into future counselors. By balancing meaningful instruction with hands-on opportunities to engage with campers and staff, we aim to create responsible and independent young leaders who can contribute positively to camp and beyond.
CIT standouts that complete both years of the program are eligible to apply for a counselor position when they are 16 years old. We place great value on the maturity, creativity, and friendliness of participants. Space is limited.
- Training in leadership, communication, safety
- Workshops in problem-solving, assertiveness, and teamwork
- Hands-on participation with younger campers
- Certification in American Red Cross CPR and First Aid
- Half-day assignment to a specific camp group
- Half day of recreational CIT activities
- Annual CIT party
- Optional swimming
- Weekly barbeque
Grade 10 Grade 9 Summer Experience Week of June 29