Back to Programs List
Counselors in Training (CIT)
Performing Arts Camp
Entering Grades 10 or 11
July 5-August 5
9:00 AM-3:30 PM
Park Slope location
The Counselor in Training (CIT) program trains teens as they transition from campers into future counselors. CITs receive meaningful instruction as well as hands-on opportunities for positive engagement with campers and staff. Successful CITs develop independence and responsibility, and they prepare for future leadership roles at camp and beyond.
For summer 2022, all CITs will participate in Performing Arts Camp (PAC) in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
Spots are limited. Interested CIT candidates must submit an online application in advance of registration.
- Applications deadline: February 20, 2022
- Selected CITs must commit to all 5-weeks of camp.
- CITs are not counselors; they must register for the program if selected.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated interest/background in performing arts.
- Eligible CITs must demonstrate initiative, dedication and maturity.
- Training in leadership, communication, safety
- Workshops in problem-solving, assertiveness, and teamwork
- Hands-on participation with campers
- Learn to lead games and activities
- Option to participate in music and dance enrichment
- Certification in American Red Cross CPR and First Aid
- Assignment to a specific camp group
- Preparation for future full-time counselor role