Back to Programs List
Adventures in Coding
Formerly Innovation Space
Entering Grades 3-7 June 22-26 August 10-14 9:00 AM-3:30 PM $615 Lunch and snack included
Discover coding while engaging creatively with digital technology, including 3-D printers and programming languages. Use Poly’s computer lab and state-of-the-art makerspace while designing and constructing your own unique projects.
Prerequisite: Campers need basic technology skills, including familiarity with a computer keyboard and mouse, accessing the internet, and navigating between programs.
In Adventures in Coding, campers will:
- Learn how computers and coding work
- Explore languages, such as Scratch, developed at MIT
- Use input/output, variables, conditionals and program flow
- Develop 3D designs and vector graphics
- Create and print their own 3D models
- Laser cut their own personalized designs.
- Computer lab (mornings) – programming, tech tools
- Makerspace (afternoon) – daily
- STEAM challenges
- Daily brain teasers, riddles, and problems
- Swim, outdoor games, and free play
Led by Charles Polizano P’18, Poly’s Director of Technology and Computer Science Department Chair.
Grade 3 Grade 4 Grade 5 Grade 6 Grade 7 STEM Week of August 10 Week of June 22